Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

27 February, 2010

I Should Probably Update My Website.

I've got a website. It's supposed to be for business. I'm not going to put the address here, if you have ever gotten an email from me, it's at the bottom by my signature.

I don't think I've updated it in a few years. Mostly because I've gone to Mac, and the website builder site for Earthlink (where the website is hosted) only works with PC's. So until I either get Windows 7 for my dual core Mac, or buy a PC of some sort, I'm gonna have to put updates some where else.

How about here on the blog.

Last year, as some of you know, I worked on a television commercial. Here it is:

I just noticed that when the video post to the website, you don't actually see the whole thing because it's wider than the column. I'd recommend right clicking and choosing "Watch video on youtube".

The hardest part about lighting that one? Getting the light to move across the audience behind Taylor Swift at the right time. It happens at the 12 second mark of the video if you want to look for it. I swear we did about 15 takes trying to get that right.

Also, last month, I worked on a music video for Angels and Airwaves. That just became available in the last couple of days, here it is:

If you're wondering which part of the many A.D.D. shots I lit, it was all the stuff that has the band playing their instruments. Lots of LED fixtures. Never thought I'd use a Showpix in any of my designs, but I did for this one.

BTW - if you click on the 4 arrow icon next to the sound icon, you can expand the video to full screen to get a better look.

These two videos had one thing in common, I got called for both at the last minute. The Taylor Swift commercial, I had about 3 days of lead time to get all the lighting gear and crew, prepped and set up. The Angels and Airwaves video, I got a call on a Friday night for a shoot on Sunday night. Who has a shop open on Saturdays for gear? Anyone, for a price really. Thank god for Matt Shim getting both of those together for me.

Hopefully, I'll get more lead time on the next one...

I really should put those on the website.


...

No comments: