Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

25 February, 2010

Welcome Back?

Well over two months since my last post. Got no excuses, aside from I've had nothing to say.

It's been a busy couple of months, work-wise. I can't complain. I've actually got a blog that I started while on my first gig of January that I never posted. It'll come up soon I promise. I'm actually sitting at a gig as I type this... "Russell Simmons presents Stand up at the El Rey". Look for it on Comedy Central in June.

I wasn't supposed to be here this early today (9AM), but they are shooting the promo spots behind me and needed someone to turn on the lights. I guess it's a blessing and a curse of being the programmer, No one but me can run the console, so I have to come in if they need lighting. But at the same time, no one but me can run the console, so I have to come in if they need lighting, even if that means coming in at stupid o'clock in the morning after a long night. On the positive side, overtime pay is nice.

Never got OT pay while on tour. And I remember being on tour and thinking the benefits were better. Now, I know the benefits are better for staying home and working. Assuming I'm working. I do miss touring. Maybe I just miss it when times are tough and I need the money, or when the laundry has piled up in the corner and I've got no per diem to give it to the runner to wash.

No matter, I'm glad to be home, and I'm glad to be working. Got my schedule full through March, most of it spent in Seattle. I can probably post more there. I'm sure I'll have a few slow nights in my hotel room.

Also, what prompted me to resume writing is the fact that I have a camera again. I got another Olympus digital, like the one I lost in Freeport. I'm re-learning all the ins and outs of the camera, so here's pictures of my white balance tests. The camera has a bunch of different settings, so I thought I'd try a few and see which one looks best, and matches the colour best.


Best one is the first one I think...


...

2 comments:

jade said...

I agree - the first photo looks the best.

carla said...

really?
i think the shadows in #2 are the richest (and the pink is coooool).
of course, i don't always go with the best (but, with what i like). i'm not very objective at anything.