Back in Seattle again. I was just here a little over two weeks ago. Last time it was for the Microsoft Start! conference.
This time, it's for the Microsoft Tech Ready 10.
Next month I'll be here again, although only for three days for a Janeane Garofalo comedy special. That's a lot of trips to the great northwest in the first quarter of 2010. Good for business.
Here's a photo taken from the lighting console.
Aside from the Q&A The only real technical highlight of this show, is the distance from the console to the stage. Basically, the stage is at one end of two exhibit halls (halls E and F) and Front of House is at the other end. I'm thinking easily 450 feet. One and a half football fields. If it wasn't for the big screens you see hung throughout the halls left and right, I'd never know there was someone onstage speaking, and if they were lit properly. That big bright blur in the middle of the picture, that's the stage.
Easy show. I like when the production company builds in enough time to get the job done. We did have a few days of overtime at the start, but we've been in and out on show days. Not to mention I have a day off on Thursday. REI, here I come.
Perhaps more pictures from this lovely city on Thursday. Until then, I have to get back to napping on the console.
...

1 comment:
love the seattle rei.
that's where i bought my tent b/r my around the world trip.
p.s. i swear i'm not a linux spy.
Post a Comment