This is our second time through Greenville on this tour within a year. Kind of strange for a tour to go back through all the same cities less than a year later. But we sold well here so I guess it makes sense to come back. Other places, not so much.
Both times we've had a day off here. And both days off have been really good. The last time, I went to a minor league baseball game which was a lot of fun. 5 dollar seats right next to the dugout and cheap hot dogs and beer. There's also a triathlon shop where I bought gloves last time and swim goggles this time.
The Reedy River runs through downtown and they have a really nice park surrounding a waterfall. The flowers are starting to bloom and the sun was shining, so I sat out yesterday by the waterfall and did a couple of Sudoku puzzles before meeting up with Maddi for ice cream.
The place was called "Spill the Beans". They had coffee and ice cream and a couple of tables on the sidewalk. It was a beautiful day to sit outside and enjoy the sun, but the show was really inside the store. I'm sure it's not a big deal, but Maddi and I were fascinated by how they were preparing the ice cream. There was a whole method to ordering. First you chose either chocolate or vanilla, ice cream or frozen yogurt. Then you could chose from a wide assortment of toppings and fruits, then you chose a size, small, medium or large, cup or cone. After you got through with your order (vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and M&Ms, medium in a cup) They would scoop the ice cream and toppings into a large plastic cone, then stick it under what looked like a large drill with a conic drill bit. They'd turn on the drill and use the drill bit to mush together your ice cream and toppings and then drive it out of the bottom of the plastic cone into your cup. It came out looking like soft sever ice cream from a machine, but tasting way better. I didn't get a picture of the contraption or the gentlemen running it, I had forgotten I had my camera on me, but here's a picture of me smiling after my delicious hot fudge sundae.
...

1 comment:
mmm...ice cream sundae...
Post a Comment