Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

13 April, 2008

Toe Pick.

Wichita KS today. And with everything about today, I think I'm in a different place. For some reason, I keep telling people I'm in Topeka. Guess to me all of Kansas is the same. No offense to Kansas, or it's people, but this is one of those unremarkable states. Sorry folks.

Everyone should take pride in their state. I know I get proud when I hear about or meet another successful person from Hawai'i. In case you're all wondering, here's a list of famous people from Kansas:

Roscoe Fatty Arbuckle actor
Clarence D. Batchelor political cartoonist,
Gwendolyn Brooks poet,
Walter P. Chrysler auto manufacturer,
Clark M. Clifford secretary of defense,
John Steuart Curry painter,
Bob Dole politician,
Amelia Earhart aviator,
Milton S. Eisenhower educator,
Carl A. Hatch politician,
Dennis Hopper actor,
William Inge playwright,
Walter Johnson baseball pitcher,
Buster Keaton comedian,
Emmett Kelly clown,
Stan Kenton jazz musician,
Harold Lloyd actor,
Edgar Lee Masters poet,
Hattie McDaniel actress,
William C. Menninger psychiatrist,
Gordon Parks film director,
Zasu Pitts actress,
Charles Buddy Rogers actor,
Damon Runyon journalist,
Barry Sanders football player,
Eugene W. Smith photojournalist,
William E. Stafford poet,
John Cameron Swayze news commentator,
Vivan Vance actress,
William Allen White journalist,
Charles E. Whittaker jurist,

And now for some famous people from Hawai'i...

George Ariyoshi first Japanese-American elected governor
Salevaa Atisanoe (Konishiki) sumo wrestler
Hiram Bingham missionary,
Charles R. Bishop banker, philanthropist
Tia Carrere singer, actress
Samuel N. Castle missionary
Amos S. Cooke missionary, educator
Father Damien leper-colony worker
Sanford B. Dole territorial governor,
Jean Erdman dancer, choreographer
Hiram L. Fong first Chinese-American senator
Don Ho entertainer
Daniel K. Inouye senator
Gerrit P. Judd advisor
Kaahumanu Hawaiian queen
Duke Paoa Kahanamoku Olympic swimmer
Kamehameha I first Hawaiian king
Kamehameha V last of the dynasty
George Parsons Lathrop journalist, poet
Liliuokalani queen, last Hawaiian monarch
Ellison Onizuka astronaut
Kawaipuna Prejean Hawaiian activist
Chad Rowan Yokozuna sumo wrestler
Harold Sakata actor
James Shigeta actor
Claus Spreckels developer
Don Stroud actor
Merlin Tuttle mammalogist,

Huh, this isn't a very good site for famous actors. I'd better look again there has to be at least one really well known actor from Hawai'i and Kansas...

Hawai'i - Jason Scott Lee? Anyone? Anyone? He played Bruce Lee in the docudrama about his life, "Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story".

Kansas - AH! Here's one that's good for me - R. Lee Ermey! He's from Kansas. He play the ass kicking drill sergeant the movie "Full Metal Jacket". A role he constantly repeats in other movies. He can also be found hosting the show "Mail Call" on the History Channel. And if you are ever near my computer when it receives and email, it's his voice that says, "You've got Mail, maggot!"

Well there you have it, every state has somebody famous from it... Guess it's a slow day in Kansas for blogging...

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a twister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe that's where dennis hopper discovered all of his creativity
(from kansas' lack of it)