Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

29 April, 2008

Gigantor In A Midgets Hotel Room.

I was trying to find an interesting story to tell about my abnormally low hotel room. But I couldn't get in a creative frame of mind, so I'll just tell you about it instead.

It feels like everything in the rooms at the Atherton Hotel here in State College is abnormally low. Observe the picture to the right. Normally, the door handle would be right at the bottom of the middle door panel, but as you can see, this door has it at the top of the bottom panel. At 7:30AM when I stumbled in off the bus, this was a very confusing thing. But it doesn't stop there. When I got into the room, everything felt low. Or I was 8 inches taller, which I doubt. Look at the picture of the bed. I almost knocked my head on my knee when I sat down to take off my shoes. First, the bed is low. Second it had the "fat guy" indent in the middle where the mattress springs had finally given in. So when I sat, I came down hard because I was expecting the bed to be 8 inches higher, and then I rolled backwards because the "fat guy" dent collapsed. That's not to say that the bed wasn't comfortable to sleep in. It wasn't. I've been in my bunk on the bus so much, it's now the most comfortable place for me to sleep. How sad is that? Well, in all fairness, I have been living in that bunk since October of 2006. And I'll only be sleeping in it 4, maybe 5 more nights. It's a little sad really.But enough about that, back to my hotel room. I think the only thing at the proper height was the counter in the bathroom. And check it out Jade, this bathroom has counter space!
...

The only other news to report, yesterday was our last chance to shoot Sporting Clays on this tour. I found a place about 40 miles from State College, PA, called Warrior's Mark. It's actually a hunting grounds with a Sporting Clays course for hunting practice. So I was expecting a pretty hard course.

But it turned out not to be the case. We went to the club house and met the owners who were, as always, very nice. They got us two guns to use and then walked us out to the first of 18 stations on the course. As the fellow explained, the first part of the course was fairly easy, then it got progressively harder before getting easier at the end.

And he was right, the first 7 or so stations were really easy targets. But when we got into the ravine, it was almost impossible on some of the stations. As you can see from the pictures, it was a beautiful day in the hill country of central Pennsylvania. Warriors Mark is 1400 arces in size, so I would think, as far as the eye could see, was hunting land.

As for me, I shot poorly. Everyone has a bad day, and yesterday was mine. I couldn't see the target, nor could I get comfortable with the shot gun. I shot okay, 54 out of 100. But my score should have been higher because I missed a lot of easy ones in the beginning.
Warriors Mark is also a kennel/dog training grounds to train hunting dogs. Mel, as you can see, found a new friend.


So there.

...

2 comments:

jade said...

Counter space = good.

Having the Office theme running through your head? Better than eating beets (sorry Dwight).

Anonymous said...

shout out to wilkes barre.
my peeps are from there.