Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

08 August, 2008

On Your Mark... Get Set... NEST!!!

They say when a woman is pregnant, as the date draws near, they begin to display signs of "nesting". For those who don't know what that means, it's that a woman prepares her home for the coming of the baby. It is said that most nest is exhibited in irrational ways, like cleaning gutters or yelling at men at the recycling place who park their cars across three parking spaces and block all the recycling bins using the excuse, "Well no one else was here". Thankfully Nicole doesn't display the first one, mostly because we have no gutters on the house.

But we have started the nesting process. I'm not mad that I had to move all my stuff out of my "closet" to turn it into the baby's room. But I am bitter. And once that process finished, the painting began.
I did the trim and Anette, Nicole's sister, did the bulk of the walls with the roller.
With that little project done, Ikea stepped in a sold us the changing table and crib which I had to build. Ya gotta love Ikea and their easy to understand directions, I only put the drawers together twice!

The proceeds from our garage sale went to another nesting task, getting the carpet in the living room and baby's room/Dan's overflow closet cleaned. We folded up the two lawn chairs, moved all the little bits of furniture we could off the carpets, and then invited Stanley Steemer in to work their magic.


This led to another trip to Ikea and another big purchase, a new couch to replace the one we sold at the garage sale. But it didn't stop at the couch, nesting made us buy new lamps and a console table as well as a mud bench to put by the door.


I don't think nesting is gonna stop anytime soon. But at least the jobs haven't been silly.


...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

get a rocker/glider! It's so nice for breastfeeding (if you're doing that), or even bottle feeding!! So relaxing for mom & baby!