Sean Patrick is asleep at the moment and I'm on baby duty while Nicole gets sleep.
I was working last week on a comedy festival... the ClydeTV Comedy Festival to be exact. It was a pretty simple gig really. Every night we had one or two comedians on stage and we just had to create a look on the set behind them while they filmed. Fairly easy day, just fudging light levels during the show.
The first night was a comedian with an Iranian background, which meant most of his comedy was based around the humorous things some Persian cultures do. Some of it funny, most of it I didn't get.
The second night was two African-American comedians. They were funny, when I could understand them. They were talking really fast, and I had to shut the windows on the lighting booth because there was a theater space behind me that had a play going on at the same time.
Kevin Nealon performed the next night. He was funny. Had his act down pat. I've never seen him live before, but I can only assume the stuff he was doing he did before, because certain skits got applause before he even got into it.
The final night was most interesting. It was "Live Nude Comedy" featuring Shannon Elizabeth (of American Pie fame) as the hostess. It was 6 show shot in a row that featured two comedians and two burlesque dancers. An interesting concept, loosely based on the old vaudevillian days. I'm assuming of course that most of the comedians back then also had potty mouths and talked about sex. Makes sense since you are followed by a woman stripping down to her pasties. It was a super long day followed by a super long night. We started at 9AM and left at 1AM. They had assumed they could shoot six 1/2 hour shows in three hours, which makes sense. But they didn't budget time for all of Shannon Elizabeth's wardrobe changes. Six shows, six changes. Good times.
Live Nude Comedy will be shown on Showtime at some point. I'm going to assume it will be later in the evening since there are breasts involved.
Oh, and I think I forgot to mention... That Jingles show that I worked on back in August/September with Gene Simmons of Kiss fame... Will never see the light of day. Yep, no one bought it, so no one will see it. Which is all fine because most of us on that show sort of knew it was poo.
That's about all that goes on right now. Most time is spent with Sean Patrick. Time seems to melt away with him around. There is lots to do around the house and some gets done and some does not. We've had a fair number of visitors swing by the house. It was nice to see my friend Jenni whom I had seen since the baby shower. We also went and visited our friend Kille who lives down the street. She has two kids and lots of great advice. She also may have hooked us up with a great baby sitter. We meet with her on Thursday night, stay tuned.
I leave next Friday for 4 days in Windsor Canada with Blue Man Group. They are doing and show at the Windsor Casino for two nights. Windsor is across the river from Detroit, in case you are wondering. I'll probably be able to see American soil from my hotel room. Should be an easy straight forward show.
And speaking of Blue Man Group... They've already got dates for next year. They spend almost a month in Tel Aviv, and then a month and a half in Lisbon. I'll more than likely be joining back up with them for a month in May while they tour the UK. Benny, the guy who's out there now doing my job is also having his first kid, due in May, so we get to trade off. I wonder if he'll feel like me after the kid is born and not want to tour anymore. Guess I'll be training another LD to take over the tour. Any volunteers?
Well, I guess my stream has come to the end. Never made it to a big ocean of thought. Guess this stream was heading inland and got dried up in the desert. Perhaps next time there will be things to say. But for now, I'm gonna go warm up a bottle and feed my son.
...

2 comments:
Are you looking for a baby sitter so that you can go out shooting again?
i'm surprised the gene simmons show wasn't picked up. as the guy can sell coffins to people BEFORE they have croaked!
i've always admired his business savvy.
but, maybe he wasn't the one who fronted the money for the jingles gig. okay, my comment is getting too long.
Post a Comment