Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

15 April, 2009

Sunday Night Drinkin.

There's not much I miss about living in Hollywood. When we first moved to Altadena, I was afraid I'd hate it and want to move back into the thick of it. But now that we've been here for a few years, I like it. I won't say "I love it" because there's only one place I'll "love" living... That's back home in Hawai'i.

The one thing I did miss about Hollywood was the local bar. Not that I had a favorite local bar (okay, Smog Cutter) but I did like quiet evenings sitting at a bar with friends chatting over a few beers. Recently, my friend Shawn introduced me to a really nice bar close to his house, the Verdugo Bar. Now, every Sunday night, we meet for a couple of beers and recap the weeks happenings.

It's a really nice bar in what appears to be a shady part of town. It's not well lit outside, The door to the place is only marked with a nondescript white "cocktails" sign. Inside you'll find a nice wavy bar and dark wood.Part of the draw for me is the selection of tap beers they have. Every week it's a little different. I think Shawn explained it to me the first time were went. They have a deal with a distributor and he brings different and unique kegs for them to try. Or something like that.Last week, I noticed quite a collection of single malt scotches behind the bar. Shawn tells me they also do scotch tasting every now and again. I may have to try that next week at the Verdugo Bar.It's nice to have this bit of "Hollywood" back in my life. It's a chance to catch up with friends (albeit just Shawn at the moment) about all the goings on in our lives and the world. And it's a quiet bar. It's not full of loud obnoxious "Hollywood punks", who are there to get drunk, pick up girls, and generally ooze testosterone every where. Then again, I'm usually out the door by 9:30 on a Sunday night, who knows what happens later...


...

3 comments:

carla and toddler aya said...

sean patrick will be drinking age in no time!
he can join the tradition.

Mannhy said...

I live about 10 minutes away and I say over and over I need to try it but somehow I never make it over. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

i gladly give up my boyfriend for a few hours with you ;-)
-mia