But that doesn't mean we don't celebrate Christmas in Los Angeles either. We have a tree and decorate the house. This year we went a bit over the edge and bought a bunch of LED lights from Target and lined the house and gate. I had some left over regular Christmas lights so I ran those along the wall in front of the yard. As a matter of fact, here's a picture of the house all lit up.
As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do in the morning. I'm going to take down the string with the missing bulbs, put it back in the box, and leave it on the wall with a note saying:
"Dear person who stole a bunch of light bulbs from me. I'm going to assume this recession has hit you particularly hard and are unable to buy light bulbs for your own Christmas light strings. So in a gesture of good will and to show my holiday giving spirit, here is the whole string and the 9 light bulbs you didn't have time to unscrew. I know this happened during daylight hours because of the 16 bulbs you took, three of them weren't working. Something you probably didn't notice since we have the lights off during the day. If you want to replace those three bulbs that were already blown, I'd suggest going to another house with similar lights. I bought this string at Target, so it shouldn't be too hard to find matching bulbs. Good luck, and have a happy holiday season."
...

1 comment:
lol
Post a Comment