Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

01 January, 2010

Alabamama'amma

Happy New Year, y'all.

As always, I'm in Hawai'i spending the holidays with my family. This year we've and the unfortunate luck of not having my younger brother join us. He moved to Southern California this past summer and well, couldn't afford to make the trip to Hawai'i this time. Next year...

We did have a nice lady join us on this trip. Her name is Garmin Nuvi. She's not a very good conversationalist, but she sure knows her way around. I'm not sure where she's from, but she has a hard time pronouncing Hawai'ian words. Here, have a listen to her saying Ala Moana Boulevard (in case you readers have trouble pronouncing Hawai'ian words as well, Ala Moana phonetically is "Ah la Mow Ah Nah").




Say whaaaaat? "Alabama ma'am ma"? I think Nicole and I drive to Ala Moana all the time now just to hear her say it.

Oh Garmin Nuvi, you silly gal.

...

On another note, a new year brings a new chance to write more on the blog. Of course, I'm loosing most of my free time with my son. But I promise to post more. I may have to break my rule and starting writing about the boy.

Or I'll stick with writing about cycling since I'm gearing up to do a half century bike ride this coming March. That's fifty miles in the saddle. I don't seem to work enough (much less tour) so there isn't a whole lot of spare time sitting in front of the computer with nothing to do. Like my friend Benny said, "I need a gig so I can get some time off." So true. Kids are wonderful, but they really are a time suck.

Back soon.


...

No comments: