Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

24 May, 2010

Rest In Peace, Pekona Boland

On 15 May 2010, our beloved beagle, Pekona was put down.

The night before, he was vomiting a lot. That morning I took him to the vet's office, thinking that he had some sort of stomach blockage (he ate a diaper a few nights before). The vet took x-rays and agreed that there was something possibly blocking his intestines. Surgery needed to be done, so I left him with the doctor.

That afternoon, the vet called me. When the opened him up to remove the blockage, they discovered that he had a large tumour on his liver and that the cancer seemed to have metastasized in other organs. We had a choice, they could remove the tumour and we could start taking him to a dog cancer specialist, but she (the vet believed the cancer was too far along), so the best option was to just put him down.

I will miss him very much. I was often accused of not liking Pekona, but nothing was further from the truth. I loved him. He was very obedient, loving, very tolerant of us and our quirks. He was a good friend to Sean Patrick, putting up with constant poking and prodding. He looked at our cat Kolohe as a peer.

He will always have a place in my heart.













Pekona Boland - July 2003 - May 2010.

Always a place in our hearts.




...

2 comments:

jade said...

I thought it would be the photos of Pekona that would make me tear up - instead it was the last one of his bed and leash.

I'm so sorry for all of you.

carla said...

rest in peace pekona