Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

23 June, 2010

Time To Complain About The Damn Airlines Again, and Janeane Garofalo.

Sad news last month... Continental Airlines, my favorite airlines of the last few years and taken and nose dive and done something stupid... They've merged with United, one of the WORST airlines flying today. Why do I say in all capital letters WORST?

It was United who first charge for meals in flight.

It was United who first did away with pillows and blankets.

And WORST of all, it was United who first charged for baggage.

What made Continental so great? You still had a pillow on every seat, they still had meals on the longer flights. Granted, they did play along with the whole baggage fee game, but one out of three ain't so bad.

Chase Bank has a partnership with both United and Continental. When our bank, Washington Mutual was bought by Chase, we had to get new ATM cards. And with these new cards we were offered a choice of having the cards linked to our United or Continental frequent flier memberships. With Untied, you'd get one mile for every dollar you spend. With Continental, you'd get one mile for every dollar, AND you get your first checked bag free for every flight you took with them.

Now I'm worried, with the merger, all the good benefits everyone had will go out the window. No more free food, no more free pillows, and no more free checked bag.



Oh Larry! Why did you leave Continental? You had a face I could trust! I blame you if this all goes horribly pear shaped!

...

Ah well, guess it's time to explore other airlines. Seems more and more everyday, Southwest is the best airlines in the sky.

Although on my last out of town business trip, I was treated to quite a nice airlines. If Virgin America flew to places I travel often (Hawai'i or Chicago) I would be buying tickets on them every time. Of course, I'd be buying "Main Cabin Select" seats. Free food and bags!

...

And speaking of my last business trip, I went once again to Seattle, this time to light a comedy special for Janeane Garofalo.

It was a short trip, only three days. One day to fly in, Show day, and a fly home day.

Here are some pics:
We stayed at another botiquey hotel. I can't remember the name of it, but as you can see, it's not a Hilton. That chaise lounge on the right, NOT comfortable.

As I've said in the past, I need counter space in the bathroom! Not that the hotel room wasn't nice, as a matter of fact, the bed was quite comfortable, but sometime boutique is not practical.

I packed three shirts for my trip, two short sleeve Henleys (the black one was for show day, obviously), and one long sleeve shirt for the weather. I noticed something when I pulled them out...

They're all from Duluth Trading company, my current favorite catalog. Check it out here.

No blog post would be complete without a picture of the show. It was a small theater and we had to quickly set up and program since we had only one day. She was pretty funny if not a little eccentric.


...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I thought you were going to complain about Janeane... your headline was deceiving! I wanted a fun inside scoop. LOL