Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

03 July, 2008

Finally, Some Sleep.

I'm back in L.A.. Got back yesterday, but I'm not officially home until Saturday (don't tell anyone). Usually need a few days to acclimate myself to my surroundings. Not to mention catch up on my sleep. Got nine today, but I'm still trying to catch up from a couple of red eye flights.

My flight to Honolulu from Seoul Korea was a weird red eye. I took off on Monday night at 8:50 PM, flew 8 hours to land Monday MORNING at 11AM. I got to live two Mondays. I don't think that's what messed me up, Not sleeping much is what messed me up. I spent most of my time in Hawai'i trying to catch sleep. I had it in my head that this was my last vacation before fatherhood, I best do all that I can. So I went to the beach, I hiked, I snorkeled, I went to the beach again, I had a nice dinner with my dad. I slept when I could and it was never regular.

Then it was a red eye to Los Angeles. I got lucky and was able to upgrade to first class. Granted, there isn't anything really fancy about domestic first class, but it sure is nice to have a wider seat and more leg room. I did catch maybe an hour of sleep on the flight. And I took a 3 hour nap when I got home. It sure is nice to be back in my bed.

What could be better than sleeping in your own bed? Sleeping on your own pillow. Yes, my bed is comfortable, love the pillow top (not so much in the summer). Most hotels now days have decent beds. Some even have pillow tops. And I can usually sleep on anything. But getting the right pillow, there's a challenge.

I've had the same pillow since I was a teenager. Which kind of grosses out Nicole. But I have yet to find another pillow that is as comfortable. My pillow is pretty solid. It's soft, but it's not squishy soft. I've never opened it up to see what's inside, but the closest thing I've found to match it, was a goose down pillow at a hotel in New York. Every where else has big fluffy pillows that your head sinks into. I like to have my head propped up, so in hotels and on tour buses, I find myself rolling up the pillow to get the right height and then sleeping on the corner.

I slept nine hours last night, and should really start my day. Got to walk the dog and go shopping at Ikea, they're having their big summer sale and we need a new sofa.

It's a good thing I'm mostly well rested.


...

2 comments:

jade said...

The same pillow? I'm kind of share Nicole's opinion on this one.

Anonymous said...

i'm trying not to judge or criticize for an entire week. this one is really hard. THE SAME PILLOW since age 13? i've got to e-mail nicole about this. is this fo shizzles?