Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

29 June, 2008

A Little Hawai'i And Some Final Thoughts About Korea.

The tour ended a week ago, and I haven't posted since. I apologize for that, but I was at my dad's house and A) I couldn't figure out how to embed a map of his house. For some reason, Google Maps has lost all my map info. Damn changes.

And B) I was just too lazy and feeling the need for a vacation. So I've been taking one.

So this too, will be a short post. Just some final thoughts on Korea...

- Korea is recycle crazy. Or we think they are recycle crazy. What made me remember this fact was at the airport for my flight home. I was hungry, and there was Burger King, so I ordered a meal, whopper, fries and a drink, and ate my meal. But the cool thing is, when you are finished, there are three garbage cans and a rack. The first garbage can is for all paper. Burger wrapper, fries pack, napkin. The second garbage can is for any unfinished food. The third is really a metal shoot for all unfinished liquid, and the rack is for your empty cup. So no cups are thrown in the garbage, but rather stacked like they are when they are new in the sleeve. Neat.

- Korean men love mesh vests with lots of pockets on the front. They wear baseball hats and these vests with the pockets full of stuff.

- And finally, the written Korean language is pretty straight forward. I was reading in my guide book that there are only 24 actual symbols. Each symbol represents a sound. For words, the syllables are made up of the symbols reading from left to right, top to bottom. So the first sound of a syllable is in the upper right hand corner, then the upper left hand corner, etc. The then the syllables are put together to form a word. Pretty straight forward right?

Happy July everyone, 2008 is halfway done, go figure. I'll write again when I get to L.A.


....

No comments: