Some of you may have heard the term, "Jumping the shark". It refers to the moment when something goes from being viable to being, well, nonviable. The term refers to the television show "Happy Days". It was a great show, with great ratings, until, on one episode, Fonzie jumped over a shark on water skis. That was the point at which the show began it's downward spiral in the ratings and eventual cancellation.
The term can be applied to anything. "Living in Hollywood 'Jumped the shark' the day I found a homeless guy sleeping on at my back door." "Attending church 'Jumped the shark' the day the preacher started every sermon with, 'You know you're a Christian when...'"
So today, I'm starting a new term, "Go Fred Savage".
We all remember Fred Savage from television show, "The Wonder Years". Here's a picture of him then.
And here's a picture of him now.
To "Go Fred Savage" means to loose the cute factor.
As another example. The actor who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies has "Gone Fred Savage". Here he is in the first movie.
Ho da cute. And here he is today.
Uh, not so cute. I would think "Go Fred Savage" could apply to most things. "The dog 'Fred Savaged' when he started rolling in the stinky dirt." "With the release of the new models, the older ones will certainly 'Go Fred Savage'." "My husband is 'Going Fred Savage' more and more everyday. I gotta get him to shave."
My gift to the world, go out and use it at will. And let me know the results.
...

2 comments:
I tried to bring back the Sacajawea gold dollar into circulation as my gift to the world.
It didn't work...
I think Fred Savage is a beautiful man.
Post a Comment