Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

26 June, 2010

What's With All The Blogging?



Almost a month between post here, then all of a sudden, a flurry of posts. What changed in my life that allowed me to get all the blogging time?

Simple answer, job.

Some of you know, I've been working on Jimmy Kimmel Live for some time now, doing mostly the lighting for the outside music stage. This link here features lighting I did for Ozzy Osborne on the outside stage.

This week and next, I'm actually working on the main stage. Since the show has been running for 7 years now and everything in terms of lighting for the talk show is already programmed, I get some downtime which I've been using to blog again.

There is also an inside music stage that I have to program when there are musical acts on it. Here's a link to the band Minus The Bear, who played on the inside stage a couple of days ago and I had to light. That day has been the only day that was too busy to blog.

Here's a screen capture from that same show that Minus the Bear was on.They filmed me in a bumper going into an interview segment. Did you notice the picture?Probably not. It's this picture.Nicole and Sean Patrick gave it to me in a nice frame for Fathers Day, and I thought what better place to have it than at work. I actually positioned it on the shelf above my desk and pointed at light at it so it would be lit for camera. I'm sneaky that way.

The point being, expect more blogs next week, while I'm still sitting in "The Big Chair". And if all holds true to form, expect another long drought.


...

No comments: