Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

07 November, 2007

Damn you winter.

The engine on the bus, shuttered to a halt. There was a moment of silence while the ears adjusted to the new lack of noise. I switched on my bunk light to check the time, 6AM. Aside from the hum of the generator, there was no noise, no rustling on the metal tube we call home. I pulled open my curtain rolled out of my bunk and opened the door to the back lounge. There was a nip in the air, so I pulled up the shades on the window, only to be greeted by the winter wonderland.

White snow. 5 inches of it, fell over night as we slept to Erie. Now we were here, sitting in the middle of it. I pulled on my clothes, grabbed my bags and headed off the bus. As I popped open the seal on the door, there was a puff of cool air. Not as cold outside as I was expecting. I opened the bay grabbed my suitcase, and then opened my eyes. We were not in the hotel parking lot. Oh crap. I walked around the bus looking around, and there about a football field away, was our hotel. I pulled the handle up on the suitcase and started the trek through the snow.

Guess I won't be riding the bike today.

...

Added a link in the left column. It's another attempt by Nicole and I to go "light green". Save some trees.

No comments: