Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

10 November, 2007

One Step Past Our Stride.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think the world is out to get me. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Since my last posting, it hasn't gotten any warmer. We may not have snow today in the land of Rochester, but it's still pretty cold. And sitting in an arena on top of a sheet of ice doesn't help. I won't say the weather is affect my mood, but it could be part of it.

It's kind of weird to think back two years, to Christmas 2005. I was on the Big Island of Hawai'i visiting family. I was shopping in the OfficeMax, when my phone rings. It's a production manager I know, asking me what my plans are for 2006, he has a gig he wants to throw my way. "No plans," I respond, "What's the gig?"

"Blue Man Group."

Flash forward to today. I'm married now, and I've been on this tour longer than I've been married (but only by 2 weeks). Aside from the hiccup of the summer, I've done most every show that this tour has done in North America. Suffice it to say, we've got our stride going. Until recently.

Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's just that point in the tour, but we seem to have taken one step past our stride and stumbled. Morale is low. People are starting to nit pick about the most inane things. No one is sleeping right. Everyday, we just want to get to the end.

The thick side of the itinerary book is now the "shows we've done". We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've already got my flight home booked.

But there's still these damn 3 weeks of shows left to do. We have to make it through. We've got no choice.

Every day it's the same battles, plus a few new ones. Why the nit picking? Why must we mess with a working formula? What is the point?

I think I've bitched enough. Sorry folks. Didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Next day off is on Monday in Cincinnati. You'll probably hear from me then.

For now, I've got to hold on to my umbrella and weather this storm.

No comments: