Happy Thanksgiving y'all.
I'm sitting in Chicago O'Hare Airport at the moment. Nicole has just left me to catch her flight back to L.A. and I'm on a plane myself in about an hour to rejoin my colleagues in Kansas City, MO. We had an early Thanksgiving meal with Nicole's family last night (Wednesday) because I had to fly today. We're thinking we should make it a new tradition. Fly into Chicago and then driving to Freeport early, then have Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday and fly out on Thanksgiving day.
Why? Because traffic was not a bear, plane flights are cheaper, and we can get home before "Black Friday". Well, at least Nicole can get home. I can go sit in a cold arena.
This is the third time that Nicole and I have spent Thanksgiving with her family. We skipped last year because we were a little light on funds after the wedding.
And this time, I only had to eat 2 pork chops!! And a bunch of turkey of course. Nicole's mom is quite a cook, and we can always expect an over the top feast. She sets a beautiful table and the food is spectacular.
Every time we've gone it's been a great time. I've grown to like the quite town of Freeport. I've grown an unusual fondness for the shopping there. I must say, my two favorite things to do there involves shopping. Blaine's Farm and Fleet and Shopko. Reasonably priced quality clothing and neat stuff. I've decided to change my "style" on tour, I'm gonna start wearing less camouflage, and more work clothes. Blaine's Farm and Fleet is good for that. Blew a bunch of money there (Well, gift cards anyway). Got me some winter work clothes. I'll need that to finish this tour in style.
We've added a new shop to the Freeport shopping excursion. This year, I found the Freeport Bicycle Company. A small but very nice little bike shop in downtown. They have a small, but nice collection of bikes. But what really got me was the nice team jersey they had. So I bought one! It fits really nice and tomorrow I'll try and post a picture.
I've also lost my mind and bought a T-shirt with the local high school mascot printed on it. At Castle High School, I had the Knights. At Freeport high school, Nicole had the Pretzels! Rocking.
But now, I have to go, the announcements are starting, the euro-bargers are moving into position... Attempting to board the plane before their row is called.
More to say when I'm sitting at Front of House tomorrow.
...
Eh Brah, where you stay?
Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map
...
View My house in a larger map
22 November, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nicole's school was known as the Pretzels? I learn something new with each new blog entry.
Post a Comment