Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

22 June, 2008

Final Post From Korea.



I'm glad to be heading home. This has been a good two weeks. A pictorial blog to end the trip.



Ah, the Market. A very Asian thing. You can get anything here and haggle for it!

Anyone need a wallet? I'm guessing most are knock offs.

How about some packaged Korean foods? Like Costco without the membership.

This set up socked.

Seafood and meat so fresh, it smelled gross.


Did I mention it was protest season?

Dammit, the theater is on the other side of the barricade!

All Korean men must serve two years of duty, either in the police force or in the military. Here's their helmets and shields in formation.

And the aftermath the next morning.


It doesn't look like much, it was an amazing meal every time we went. This is the family run Italian restaurant.

The second floor was full so the let us sit at the bar facing the kitchen, which was the way to go. The chef and his assistant (we think his son) perform their magic.

Italian wine, spaghetti carbonara, and gnocchi. Heaven on a plate.


A shopping area for the boys. Tools for days. They had everything. All little shops specializing in one thing. Tape man, tool man, tube man, copper wire man, safety man, caster man, audio wire man, water pump man, pneumatic tool man...

And spring man. Here's Maddi posing at spring mans shop.

Two kilometers of street on both sides, and even spooky dark alleys like this one. That's where you got the best deals. Mel bought a cable cutting tool for 80 bucks that runs about 165 in the states.


This picture is for Jade, the other side of the butt.


This picture is for Nicole. Not just a Filipino thing. Even the Koreans don't remove all the packaging from their cars.


This picture is for Matt, guess who has beer and coffee here?


More noodles!?! You know it. This is the food and restaurant near the theater that we all ate at all the time.

As a matter of fact, I'm done with this blog. I'm gonna go get my last bowl of noodles before getting on the plane.

Speak to you all when I'm back on our side of the planet.



...

1 comment:

jade said...

Oh joy. The smell of fresh seafood. I gagged at the thought of it.