Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

18 June, 2008

Legs Bar.

It's always nice when you find an unknown treasure in a far away land. In Paris, the panini place around the corner from the hotel provided many terrific sandwiches, incredible coffee, and tasty deserts to Nicole and I during our stay.

Here in Korea, across the street from the hotel is a little hole in the wall with nice furnishings and really great noodles.Similar to the Italian joint I mentioned earlier, this place has maybe 20 seats. There's only 5 tables, and every night after the show, at least Mel and I pile in to have a bowl of noodles. We've been there so much, they greet us like they greeted Norm on the TV shows, "Cheers". Mel and I walk in and there's a loud cheer from behind the counter and the matron of the place comes out and wipes down a table for us and urges us to "Sit, Sit".

Some nights, it's packed with Blue Man people, other nights it's just Mel and I surrounded by the locals. It's unpretentious and cheap. A bowl of noodles and a half liter of beer is 7 bucks. The more expensive thing is the bowl of noodles at 4 bucks. I can take or leave the local brews, Hite or Cass. Both of which rival Budweiser in taste and colour. But at 3 bucks for half a liter (that's 16 oz. or 1 pint to you and me)... I'm not complaining. At one point in Paris, we paid 56 Euros (86 dollars!) for 4 beers. Ridiculous!

I think the official name of the place is "The Corner Cafe", but we've been calling it the "Legs Bar". On the first night here, a few of the sound guys and one of the Blue Men ventured over for dinner. The place appears to be a family run joint and on this night, the daughter was serving. They immediately fell in love with her and began to tell everyone about her, and how she had perfect legs. So, of course, everyone has to stop in to take a look. She reminds me of an Anime character with the long black hair and perfectly cut bangs across her forehead just above her eyebrows. But I don't find her attractive. To each their own I guess.

As long as the noodles and beer are cheap, I'll keep showing up.


...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gourmet auteur say
"me want gourmet k-pop noodles"