Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

28 January, 2009

All, In 24 Hours.

Sunday morning, the sun once again poked it's head out after 3 days of gloomy wet weather. I liked the last three days, but the colour of the early morning sun was welcome. I stepped outside to fetch the newpaper when I saw, I wasn't the only one who appreciated the rain and sun.Our rose bushes had bloomed a number of very nice roses, and a few of them had already fallen off from the heavy raindrops.

Our birds of paradise plants also poked out their very pretty blossoms.

Even the succulent plants that line our house went from this:To this:


The day was full of promise... So as we promised my uncle, we ventured out to Disneyland. Sean Patrick's first trip to "The Happiest Place on Earth." Of course, we had to go and get the obligatory ears...He's not looking terribly happy. But that's because I had to stop for the picture. If you keep moving, he's happy and looking around. Aside from this grumpy bit, the morning started out well, I met up with my Uncle while his family rode the Dumbo elephants. And then we all went on the Storybook Land boat...Where halfway into the ride, a meltdown ensued. And here were are, trapped on a boat floating in a canal next to little models of towns and castles. We exited the boat and off to the mothers room went Nicole and Sean Patrick. No more rides for him.

I spent the day entertaining my little cousins, Matt and Mia.And for the first time, in my 15 years of coming to Disneyland, I rode the teacups. Guess it takes having kids to get you into that dizziness inducing ride. Better get the practice in before Sean Patrick is ready to spin me silly.

Nicole didn't get to do any rides, sadness... She was the keeper of the baby. It's a good thing my uncle and aunt also have a 9 month old, so while I was riding with Matt and Mia, one of them would join us, and one of them would sit with Nicole and the babies.

As the day wound down, we did get in our obligatory photo op with Mickey
And a photo in front of Sleeping Beauty's castleYou'll have to forgive my wild eyes, but just as I got into position to pose, that couple behind me stopped right where they're at and started playing tonsil hockey. C'mon people! Happiest place on earth! Family friendly! But I guess to be young and in love. Next time, Nicole and are gonna suck face in front of everyone. Exact our revenge!

Next time.

It was time for us to go, it was hovering around 7PM and Sean Patrick's bedtime is 8PM. So we headed home. After tucking him into bed, I joined him in dreamland, sore from the days activities. A fell asleep hard on the bed, only to be awoken by Nicole at 11:30PM. "You have to check this out," she said with a smile on her face.
What the hail? Yes, hail was falling in Altadena. Pea sized stones falling everywhere. It sounded like rain on my brother Matt's metal roof in Hilo.Unbelieveable. Everywhere you looked, the ground was covered in little white balls of ice. By morning, 3 inches of hail fell in Altadena and it's neighboring cities. There were massive pile ups on the 210 freeway, because, well, frankly, no one in L.A. can drive in any kind of inclement weather. Sun softens the brain and makes it forget how to drive in rain, snow, wind, and now hail.

I woke up that morning to leave for work and found my truck buried.
The bed full of hail and my yard looked like it had a fresh layer of snow. But if you looked closer, you'd see, it was little balls of ice. Perfect size for a cold drink.

Even the roof of the house had a layer.

Crazy! All in 24 hours! Pretty flowers, Disneyland, meltdown, hail storm. What next?




How about stripping midgets?

Next blog...


...

2 comments:

jade said...

Stripping midgets? How long do we have to wait?

Stephanie said...

hot diggity! to live in LA...