Perhaps this has something to do with my need to clean. Can't be nesting, the kid's already born. Nicole and Sean Patrick went to Chicago at the beginning of this week and I had grand plans to clean up the house. Instead, I caught the sniffles that Nicole had and spent most of my time on my couch. I got some things cleaned up, but didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped for.
Today and yesterday, I've been back at Mun2 here on City Walk. Last month, before Christmas, I heard that they had stopped filming at the studio, and fired one of the hosts (Frankie). No one knew what the fate was to be of the little studio that used to be a bar and magic show.
But I received a call earlier this week wanting to know if I was available to help set up the "new" Mun2 studio at City Walk. All new lights, all new sets, all new programming, all new, all new, all new. I jumped at the chance, not because everything is new, but because everything that was old, was a mess. The shows that happen in this studio have no regular lighting programmer. They've had the same set up for two years (They started filming in January 2007) and over that time they've had numerous programmers. A few of us have had many repeat visits, but there were also a few "guest" programmers who showed up for one or two days.
All this means is that the lighting console is full of everyone's crap. Everyone has a different programming style, so everyone had to do their own thing for the shows. Now, the console is empty, and I think I set it up in a fashion that takes the monkey out and makes it really easy for anyone to run a show. Part of the problem was the show "Vivo" which featured live bands playing. That show has been cut from the line up, which substantially cuts down on the new programming every week. Hopefully, all new programmers will have to do is set up a look, turn on the key and fill lights, and then type up their blog all afternoon.
That being said, it's dinner break. I'm off tomorrow, maybe I'll get more cleaning done then.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment