This last week at the Asia 61 show has caused a bit of a backlog of stuff to post here. A "Blog Clog" if you will. So hopefully in the next couple of days, I can work it out and post post post, until there's nothing left.
So we'll go back a ways to what's been sitting in the pipe the longest... The first date Nicole and I had since Sean Patrick came along.
As everyone knows, Valentines Day is on the 14th of February. I like the idea of getting Nicole something to show her how much I love her, but I'm against the idea of a manufactured holiday that I have to do it on. So as a compromise, we got the baby sitter to come and we went to a fancy dinner on the 20th of February. Almost a week later.
Here's the evidence.

We chose one of our favorite restaurants... Ruth's Chris Steak House. Kinda spendy, but what the heck, it was Valentines day (sorta)! I was in the mood for a good piece of meat, as was Nicole, and Ruth's Chris is a good piece of meat.

Dan Boland is not a salad fan, and especially not a tomato fan. Can't explain it, flavors go in and out of my palate. Right now, I'm not digging the flavor of mushrooms. But at Ruth's Chris, there's a tomato salad I can eat. Maybe it's because it's covered with delicious onions and bleu cheese. But it also helps that the tomatoes are crisp and sliceable. Nah, it's the onions and bleu cheese.

Why waste valuable stomach space on a salad when I can eat something like this? My stomach is big enough for both. I think this is my favorite cut of beef, the rib eye. Most people think the fillet is the best cut. And that may be true for most people, but for me, a rib eye with perfect marbling and cooked to perfection is the way to go. It may be a tougher cut of meat, but I love the flavor you get from the marbling.

Nicole went out on a limb and got the petite fillet "Oscar" style. If you don't know, that's a petite fillet topped with asparagus and crab meat. Looks a little strange with such a small cut of meat, but it works out perfectly that you have enough crab for every bite.

I've said before, and I'll say it again, for Nicole, the steak is just the rest period between the lobster bisque soup and the dessert. The waiter was kind enough to buy us dessert. I wanted to tell him it was for Valentines day, but Nicole told him it was our first date in months. Even before Sean Patrick was born. The downside, they had changed their dessert menu and got rid of one of Nicole's favorites, the apple crumble, so we had to settle on a cheesecake, that wasn't half bad.
Fat and happy we left, our wallets a little lighter, but worth it to say, "Honey, I don't need a manufactured holiday to show you I care."
...
No comments:
Post a Comment