Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

15 March, 2009

Oh Crap, It's Snowing...

As you can tell by the map above, I'm not in Altadena anymore. I'm in Seattle for the week on a show, which I'll get into later. I flew in yesterday (Saturday) and I start work this afternoon and pretty much work non-stop until Thursday night, then fly home Friday morning. I'll blog about the gig later, when it starts and we'll see if it's interesting...

I pulled open my curtain in the hotel room to get a gauge on the day, I'm meeting friends for breakfast in 20 minutes... Oh crap, it's snowing. I did not pack for this. I was figuring, I'm going to be working non-stop, no need for a winter coat to take up suitcase space.

If anything, I knew I'd be going out last night for a meal, so I packed a hoodie sweatshirt, which I can also wear at the gig if I get cold there too.

That was enough for last nights dinner adventure, which included a trip to a place called, "The Tap House Grill" for a meal and then midnight snack at "Dragonfish" with my friends. Walking distance.

But today, it's snowing, and I'm supposed to go with my friends to a cafe on the water for brunch... Hmmm... We'll see what happens...

In the meantime, I just have to say this about my restaurant choices of last night... "The Tap House Grill" has 160 beers on tap, impressive to say the least, it's got a contemporary vibe in it's design and decor, which is really nice. Beer, good. Atmosphere, good. Food, well, let's just say a contemporary place, in my opinion, shouldn't put a contemporary spin on traditional pub food. Namely, Guinness stew. I'm not saying I'm an expert on the subject of stew, I'm still trying to perfect my own recipe. I will say that making traditional Irish Guinness beef stew should not have a spicy twist to it. Yes, it makes you drink more beer, but I couldn't taste the bready deliciousness you usually get when mixing Guinness into anything. Next time, I'll get something contemporary off the menu.

And "Dragonfish", oh how I love your Portland Oregon branch. Contemporary Asian vibe, traditional Asian foods. Sake. All good. I just wish the menu in Seattle is as extensive as the one in Portland. Perhaps it's because it's a smaller restaurant, or perhaps I was with my wife in Portland, and company can make all the difference, but where the heck are the pork bows?

I brought my camera here to Seattle so I can post pictures... but alas, I left my sync cable in Altadena, you'll just have to wait for the photos.


...

No comments: