Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

06 October, 2009

Day Off Atlanta?

As I said in my last post, long drive to a day off in Atlanta. So how did I spend my day off? Here's a video of it.

Yep, a long straight road. Bouncing along for 14 hours. It was supposed to be 12, but we did this once. Truck stop. Not so bad because this one had a McDonalds attached for food, ANDCrunch ice! I'm thinking all Pilot Truck Stops have this magic. Something to look forward to on our haul to Chicago. But here's something to not look forward too on the haul to Chicago. There are three crew buses, and it's not that our driver goes fast, on the contrary, he goes the speed limit, which is a little irritating, it's more that the other two buses stop a lot. So we got chastised and the truck stop and were asked to wait for the other buses. We didn't.

Finally into Atlanta, stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. Wish we had gotten in at a decent hour, but after the truck stop and two traffic jams caused by accidents, we got in at 7:30PM. Again, for the third time on this tour, I got a corner room. Here's a video for Nicole of my hotel room.


Not bad. Never understood the concept of a raised sink in the bathroom. It's cool and all, but I find that I splash more water on the counter, and smack my hand on the side of the bowl when I try to grab my toothbrush. And check out that shower head. Like soaping up in a rain storm.

They had a gym, which was okay. Room service prices were outrageous, so I walked a block to the Hard Rock and had a caesar salad and nachos. Not the healthiest of choices, but nothing else called me. Hard Rock is not known for their food.

Show day, then a short haul into a second day in North Carolina. Then another day off in Chicago. My last day off before Sean Patrick's birthday, for which I will be flying home for.


...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You know, I may be in the minority here, but I actually really like the food at Hard Rock! My brother used to work there, and I'd stop by for their chicken noodle soup whenever I was sick (which was a lot when I was a teacher in public schools and pre-schools). Yum!

Planet Hollywood used to make this really good caramelized onion & chicken nacho dish that was awesome. Yeah, I give in to the corporate monsters. I'm punk rock like that.

carla, aya, and dental implant making hamid said...

i thought the ritz would be fancier.
maybe it's like the 4 seasons in that it's all about the service.