Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

09 October, 2009

Maxwell - St. Louis.

Another crazy load in. We're only playing half an arena, so it's been a stressful day for most because we've only got half the room for our 12 semi's full of gear.

There's not even any floor space for me, so I've had to set my console up in the seating area in an ADA section. Which means, I had to drag all my gear into an elevator up to the concourse level, through the entry tunnel and then set it up in the seats. Not a big deal really, probably should have taken a picture of that. Instead, I took pictures of things I saw on the way to setting up.

Check this out.The last time I saw anything like this was on Luther Vandross. What is it you ask? Why it's airbrushed backgrounds that you can stand in front of and take a picture with your date. Just like Senior Prom!

The Maxwell show has a certain amount of similarities to a Luther show. Namely, a greater percentage of the audience is female, and if there are any men in the audience, they're on a date, or married. Both are love song singers, but I think Maxwell is a little dirtier in his songs.

And finally, when you walk down the tunnel into the arena bowl, you see this sign:Of course, I had to put my own spin on it.I apologize for the picture quality, but I only had my camera phone with me...


...

No comments: