We did have an evening off in New York. I'd love to say I had a day off in New York, but we had a submarine ride from Detroit to the Big Apple, which put us at the hotel at 5PM. Here's the view from my hotel window. Right across the street from MSG. Made for a late call time, since all I had to do was walk across the street to get to work.
My hotel room was the opposite of the one I had for three weeks in Toronto. It was a decent size room with a kitchenette. Which can be unusual for NYC, since most hotel rooms are really small. In a previous post, I showed you the magic of my shower. Well NYC gave me the complete reverse as you can see here.
That shower is so small, that I had to open the curtain just to bend over to wash my legs and feet. Which also pushed my butt into the cold tile. An unexpected shock to the system.
It's fine though, we got there so late, that all I really did in the hotel room was rearrange my luggage, take a shower and sleep. I got to have dinner with some good friends and great food.
My good friend Jon Forsberg made reservations for us at Angelo and Maxi's, a steakhouse that a friend recommended. I arrived early and had a drink at the bar and waited for Jon, and my other friend, Rachel and her boyfriend Justin. Here's the view from my table.
All in all it was a good night.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment