Our second show on this tour, was at one of the most hallowed hockey arenas in the country, the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
I can't say that I hate the Red Wings, I'm just not a fan. For me, they have the same feel as the Yankees do for baseball. Too much of a storied past, that it's fun to see them loose. My hockey saying, "I root for two teams, the Ottawa Senators, and who ever is playing the Red Wings." I'm sure most people feel the same way, except for the Senators part.
So playing the "Joe" was like walking into enemy territory, I wanted to say something nasty about the Red Wings, but I also wanted to do the show and get out with all my appendages attached. Red Wing fans are the worst. I should know, I sat with the enemy during a game last season.
At least now I can add the "Joe" to the arena's I've played in. I think it's the only one on this leg that I've never been in before.
I've toured too much.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment