Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

04 December, 2007

The End is Near.

Changed my header picture. I've been on a hunt to find the perfect Snoopy plush doll, like the one I had as a kid, when I stumbled on this picture. It's of the mural painted in the entrance hall for the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. One day, I'll go there.

...

A quick note in answer to the comment Jade left yesterday about my Alamo blog. If I was to find a ride around the Alamo, it would have only been 2 blocks long. That's because the Alamo is right in the middle of downtown, next to the hotel and the Riverwalk. I should have no excuse for why I have never been in. Or, I could blame Pee Wee Herman who went there looking for the basement (in the movie "Pee Wee's Big Adventure") only to discover there is no basement in the Alamo. Why would I want to go to a place that has no basement?

...

4 more shows. I think today is the final insult for this tour. We're in Amarillo Texas today. Talk about saturating the market, we were just here with this same show back in February. That might explain why we've only sold in the neighborhood of 800 tickets today. It's also the final insult because:

A) We had to drive almost 600 miles to get here, so we had to start load in later than usual (about an hour)

B) This is a very old building, not designed for shows. There is no rigging, well there's two beams to hang everything from. The last time we were here, we had to do a pre-rig, meaning, we came in the day before and got a head start.

C) All the stagehands (not the riggers) are from "Labor Ready". That translates into a long day because these day laborers have no idea which is "stage right" and which is "stage left". And forget about trying to describe dimmer beach.

and D) We've only sold 800 or so tickets. You'd almost want to just cancel the show and take the loss. The brain believes it costs us more on a daily basis to put this show up and take it down. But I was told that even if we aren't selling like we should, the losses felt here can be made up over the week at another show. Or something like that.

At least tomorrow is a day off... In Lubbock, TX. Never been there, but we're already planning our escape. There's a sporting clays course about two hours away...

No comments: