Yesterday was a bust at any attempt to do something resembling exercise. First, the sporting clays course we were planning on shooting didn't answer their phone, so there was no point in us making a 2 hour drive. Second, I went out to the bus to get my bike and go for a ride, only to find the bus had left. I'm assuming he went for a repair, or to wash the bus. Either way, by the time he came back it was too late.
I was, however, able to get my Xbox off the bus and let my brain melt in my hotel room. There was an HD TV in the living room section of the hotel. It's pretty amazing the difference in picture quality when you have something that is also HD (the Xbox 360).
For anyone planning a trip, you should look into Embassy Suites as a possible hotel. The rooms are often spacious, with a separate living area to the bed room. Which is great for letting your suitcase explode and dump all it's contents everywhere. I call it "organizing". Also, the Embassy Suites includes breakfast and a cocktail hour in the evenings. And it's not your coffee and donuts kind of breakfast. They actually had an omelet station. And the cocktail hour isn't just wine (I don't think). Of course the only trick is to be in the hotel when both are offered. I wasn't awake yesterday morning for breakfast (ended at 9:30AM), nor I was I awake for the cocktail hours (5:00PM to 7:30PM), I was napping.
...
Today we are in the arena on the campus of Texas Tech University. I've never been here before, first time in the building. But I'm not unfamiliar with their sports teams. I knew of their womens volleyball team through matches against the University of Hawai'i. I've heard about the football team, and the mens basketball team is famous for their coach, Bobby Knight. Even those who don't follow basketball (like myself) know of Bobby Knight and his on court antics. Chair throwing and unapologetic attitude makes for good TV and a well known reputation.
But until you get into the buildings these teams occupy, you don't really know the storied pasts. The rafters here support banners with the team achievements dating back to the 50's. This building wasn't here then, but the history of this place was.
We can mark points in history by many things, including sports. We all remember where we were on the morning of 9-11, and many people remember where they were the day the U.S. Hockey Team beat the Soviet Union during the 1980 Winter Olympics.
I will remember 2007 as the year my first nephew was born. I will remember 2007 as the year the University of Hawai'i football team achieved their greatest season to date.
2007, though not over, has been a good year thus far. We'll see what memories lie in it's final 25 days.
Eh Brah, where you stay?
Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map
...
View My house in a larger map
06 December, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment