Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

30 January, 2008

I Got Nuthin...

Bozeman, Montana. It's cold. I'm bored. Everyone is just a bit grumpy and a being stupid. You would think, we'd have lasted longer than 17 shows into an 84 show leg. But nope. Tempers are finally boiling over and everyone is not thinking straight anymore.

Maybe it's the cold. Maybe it's just that being on tour with the same people since September 2006 is too long. I over heard a conversation of our production manager talking about how all dates in 2009 will be overseas. 2009! We're 30 days into 2008 and they're already talking about 2009! Good heavens.

I admire office people. People who can do the same job day in and day out. Somethings are new for them. New clients, new paperwork. I can't seem to do it. I guess most people who tour can't. For us, the job has to be continuously different, a new challenge. New music, new people, new something.

Perhaps that's why I'm beginning to feel I'm done with touring. A few small venues aside, I've been in every building we're going to on this tour, at least two or three times before in the past. I'm starting to see the same stagehands. I think that's why the last time I can really remember having a great time on tour was out on Alicia Keys when we went to Southeast Asia. I was there with great people, I was treated well, and it was places I'd never been before! Granted, I went to some new places with Shakira, but I was exploring those on my own. I was treated well there too.

So that's that I guess.

We'll see when I stop touring. I can feel the end is near. Maybe as soon as this summer. Go to Paris then to Seoul with Blue Man Group and then stop. We'll see what the future brings. We've got a meeting tonight with the entire crew to talk about overseas.

Other than that, I'm bored.

No comments: