Slowly getting used to this touring lifestyle again. After the first bus ride a few days ago, I woke up with a bit of pain in my lower back. I thought, "Oh great, a whole tour of this," but then it occurred to me... I've sleeping in the same bunk for the last year and a half. We've had the same bus, so I can assume it's the same mattress. So at some point during the day, when everyone else was in the venue loading in, I pulled the mattress out of the bunk above me, where no one has slept for the last year and a half, and switched it with mine. It's a little better, definitely firmer. But I think the key is, there's no dip in the center of the mattress where my fat stomach has been reacting with gravity.
But I think the off shoot of this new mattress is a series of bizarre dreams that have cropped up.
Two nights ago, I had a dream that I invited everyone on the tour to go and shoot sporting clays with us while we were in Bakersfield. In my dream, 35 people came with us! There were so many people and not enough guns, that the shooting club started handing out single barrel shotguns and blunderbusses. There was a line of people waiting to shoot the first station, so I took a couple of people and decided to walk to the last station and shoot the course backwards. And some how we had to cross a lake and walk through a warehouse full of Formula 1 race cars! Turns out we were trespassing so I had to run for it to a quickly closing garage door which I ended up getting stuck in.
I'm not even a fan of Formula 1. Why the heck were all those cars in my dream!?!!!?
Last night, I had a dream that my truck had been stripped while I was on tour. One day the thieves came and propped the truck up on bricks and took the tires. Then came back and stripped it completely the next day. All that was left was the shock springs and the body! I was completely convinced that was undeserving of such a fine automobile that it served me right that the truck was stripped. But what was really depressing was that I had to continue to make payments on a truck I no longer had. Then I had to go to the loo, so my body woke up.
Really, that's what I dream about. Crazy. Maybe it's the mattress, maybe it was the burrito two nights ago and the Chinese food last night, just before bed.
Eh Brah, where you stay?
Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map
...
View My house in a larger map
13 January, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Clearly these dreams mean you're craving pancakes. Like, d-uh.
Post a Comment