Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

20 January, 2008

The Sleep Report.

As reported earlier, Daniel Boland has had trouble sleeping on the bus. It began with waking up in the morning with a stiff back, followed closely by a series of bizarre, pancake eating dreams.

To remedy the situation, his loving wife purchased a memory foam mattress top to use in conjunction with his existing bunk mattress.

This reporter sat down with Mr. Boland yesterday to help asses the new sleeping arrangements.

Blog Reporter: "So Mr. Boland, how has the new mattress top worked out for you."

Daniel Boland: "Well, I'd have to say, it's worked out quite nice thus far. I put the memory foam down at the beginning of this four in a row and have three fairly restful nights of sleep thus far."

B.R.: "Four in a row?"

D.B.: "Yes, I know it's rather unheard of in the touring industry. Most tours will do, at the most, three in a rows. Three shows, three cities. This tour, on the other hand, has 4 and 5 in a rows on tap. Which makes a comfortable bunk very important."

B.R.: "I see, and the consensus?"

D.B.: "Memory foam, good thing. The first night it was like I was floating on air. Well, that might not be the best analogy. But normally, I could feel every bump and shake in the road. But lately the little wobbles, I don't feel. I can still feel my body roll when we take turns, but I don't think any amount of foam will fix that. We drove uphill to Reno a few nights ago, and back down last night. My ears popped, but that's about the only thing that's woken me up thus far. That and the need to pee."

B.R.: "So am I to understand that you pee?"

D.B.: "Yes, I do."

B.R.: "Very good. Anything else of interest to report?"

D.B.: "Yes. Last night I had another strange dream. Well it wasn't really last night it was this morning. I woke up at 8 A.M. to take one of my pees, then I went back to my bunk until my alarm went off at 9 A.M."

B.R.: "So in the space of an hour, you had a dream."

D.B.: "I did, and it was a pretty vivid one at that. Keep in mind the bus wasn't moving, we had already arrived at the next venue when I was dreaming. Sadly I don't remember a whole lot about the dream, aside from being in Hawai'i and meeting my family for breakfast at Waikiki beach and while walking to breakfast, I got in a yelling match with a hotel worker when I accidentally walked into a store that was still closed. I went off to report him to his manager when I was mistaken by another hotel employee as a "worker" and he tried to get me to help load in a wedding that was happening in the garden. Then I woke up."

B.R.: "Don't remember much you say? Sounds like you remembered a lot."

D.B.: "Hey man, I don't need your attitude, this interview is over. Jerk."

Mr. Boland then left the interview. He seemed agitated. I also spoke with his wife who informs me that she also purchased an egg crate mattress top and informs me that Mr. Boland plans on using it to compare and contrast. Perhaps we will try to sit with him again for an update later this week.


...

No comments: