Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

16 May, 2008

Reporting Live From Paris.

Here's the first post whilst I'm in Paris. And frankly, there's not much to report. But before I get to that, I feel I should answer Jades question... I can get into the lounges for Delta, Continental, Northwest, and American Airlines. Which is fine because I'm not a fan of United, much less any airlines.

But back to Paris. Not much has happened worth reporting. I landed at Charles De Gaulle Airport and caught the shuttle van that was set up for the crew. I ended up having to wait for a couple of hours for my room to be cleaned and ready, so a bunch of us, who were in the same boat (so to speak) went to a cafe and had sandwiches and L'Eau with gas. That's sparkling water.

When I got to my room, I fought hard the temptation to sleep because I didn't want to get my jet lag on. But ended up setting my alarm for a 1/2 hour nap because I couldn't fight it anymore. It was a really solid sleep which was probably worse because I woke up groggy instead of just being foggy. Yes, I'm saying a fog is better than a grog. I showered to wake up the skin and then met a couple of friends to hunt down dinner.

After a nice steak and pomme frittes (that's steak and french fries) chased with a nice bottle of wine, I got back to my room at 11PM with every intention of sleeping until load in.

Load-in was at 6AM and I of course bolted up from my sleep, wide awake and ready to work... at 3AM. I was jet lagged and I knew it. But there's no point in trying to fall back asleep because I'd again go from foggy to groggy. So I sat up in bed and turned on bad French TV for a spell.

While flipping through, I came across an MTV like station that was playing videos. I became entranced by this video that was playing. It can be seen here. Can you believe the name of the group is "Undies Kissing Girls"?! Nice.

Load in led to rehearsal, rehearsal led to programming, programming led to sleep, which led to the next day of rehearsal and programming and then show, which led to the opening night party at a night club, which led to another day of programming and then show. (note there's no sleep between the night club and more programming)

So today was really the first day off I had. When I say day off, I mean I have the day off, we still have shows at night. I'm currently sitting at my lighting console using the free internet. At the hotel, it's about $15 an hour for internet connection. Yes I said and HOUR. It's crazy. May as well come to work early and save myself the money.

I did walk around a bit today. I was on a mission to go to my favorite store in Europe, Decathlon. It's basically a supermarket of sporting goods. But they have their own lines of stuff, so even with the bad exchange rate for the dollar to euro, the prices aren't bad. They have Under Armour like shirts that are about 7 Euro or about 10 dollars. Not bad.

Aight time to start the show. I'll have pictures later from my drunken stupor at the opening night party, and Nicole will be in town. So the sight seeing will begin.

...

2 comments:

jade said...

So for a Platinum membership you get into those lounges? That isn't that bad a deal. The next time they send the form I may have to fill it out.

"Undies Kissing Girls" just sounds bad without clicking the link. Of course, that won't stop me from clicking it.

Anonymous said...

What? I thought I'd get to hear more about the additional $ it cost you to watch that hilarious 2-megabyte monkey video I sent.