Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

09 September, 2009

3 Days, 65 Drops.

Back home in Altadena, Nicole and I use a soft soap and "poof" in the shower as opposed to a bar of soap. On the road, it's sort of hard to get a "poof" to dry properly, since you always stuff it in your shower bag, and a damp "poof" often end up moldy and smelly fairly quickly.

So on the road, I take a bar of soap. My favorite at the moment is the Irish Spring bar with little scrubbing crystals embedded in the soap. I used to use the Dove bar, which was better at moisturizing, but that never seemed to scrub off the dirty feeling. And no venue ever provides a wash cloth.

Since I haven't toured in over a year, I've discovered that I have lost my ability to grab a bar of wet soap. Every time I shower, I swear I drop that damn Irish Spring at least 7 times. And it doesn't help that it keeps landing with the loudest thud, and then shoots around the tub like a hockey puck.

As long as we're on the subject of my hotel bathroom, I did get a few wonderful surprises. Check this video out.


First off, it's roomy, with ample counter space. Second, there's a window, which lets in nice light in the afternoon (The room itself faces an inner courtyard so good lighting is limited until later). And finally, check out the power in that shower head! It actually has some pressure to it! Not like a lot of these hotels now days that put in the super low flow shower heads (I'm talking to you Holiday Inn) that have such poor water pressure, I've been known to take a whole shower without ever getting my feet wet! Something to look forward to after, or before, a long night of programming.


...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Now that I'm on the "other side," I must interject that it's not the venue that provides the towels (and lack of washcloths) - it's the promoter. I'd gladly add an order of washcloths if ever requested! :-)