Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

02 September, 2009

Even The President Takes A Vacation.

Hello out there! I didn't forget my blog! And I wasn't really on vacation. There's been a lot to say, but I've been slightly unmotivated to publish. Not to mention, unemployed, which makes it tough to do anything, except clean the house. I've been directing my unemployed energy in to rearranging the kitchen. Amazing how much cupboard space opens up when you get rid of all the commemorative glassware.

I'm leaving to go on tour this Sunday. Out with Maxwell for 6 weeks. Two of those weeks in Toronto for rehearsals. Always strange to me, when the rehearsal time is half of the actual tour time.

I know I'm going to miss my son and wife. I'm sure he'll be walking by the time I get back. I can already feel my heart breaking if that happens.

I won't bore you with a long blog today. Too much to do to prepare for Sunday. Nicole is having surgery tomorrow to remove her gall bladder (she has gall stones) so her mom is coming to town today to help out with the boy. Time to clean up the rest of the house.

Instead, I'll have my brother write the post. Raymond is out on an extended tour of duty to the Northwest Hawai'ian Islands as the "Technical Dive Supervisor", which really means he's the guy in charge when they do really deep dives. So deep you have to mix three different gasses into your Scuba gear, known as "trimix" The unique gas being helium, used to keep your lungs inflated at the incredible depths they go to.

The "mission" he's on is posting blogs on the NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) website. So here's his blog. I should probably mention that in his blog he talks about "50 minutes of deco," which refers to 50 minutes of decompression. Basically starting at 110 feet below the surface, they have to take 50 minutes to complete the final distance or the helium in the trimix forms bubbles in their blood stream, and we all know that's bad.

There are other blogs you can read. But I think my brothers is the best. Not because he's my brother, but because he really paints a picture in your head of what he sees. 85 sharks is a lot.

You can read my brother Raymond's (same last name as me) bio for this mission here. That hat he's wearing in his bio picture. I think I bought him that hat. The brothers look good in boonie hats (even Matt).

Back in a few days to tell you about the Station wild fire that forced evacuations in my neighborhood.


...

1 comment:

carla and aya said...

thanx for update :)