It's considered and "all natural" kind of thing, and the easiest place for me to find it was Whole Foods. Granted they are usually more expensive your standard Right Guard, or Old Spice, but they seem to last for a very long time... sorta.
I'm guessing there's a downfall to having to wet a salt crystal. In that, if it is never dried properly, or is in humidity, it eventually softens and breaks. As was the case in Toronto. I had purchased one that was on a screw shaft, like your standard deodorant. Turn the knob at the bottom and the product moves up. Well, I think it had been humid for quite some time in the bottom of the stick because I went to turn the screw to drive it up, and it didn't move. Instead, little flakes of crystal, that should have been clinging to the shaft, fell into the bottom of the stick. So, in my infinite wisdom, I shook the stick hoping to lock some part of the salt crystal onto the screw shaft, instead the crystal shot out across the room, bounced of the wall and smashed into three pieces in the sink.
Needless to say, I needed a new one. I got online to see if Whole Foods is in Canada. Thankfully it is, and there is one on the edge of downtown Toronto. I asked one of my crew members who lives in Toronto how far the Whole Foods was from my hotel. He said about a 45 minute walk one direction. I did have that kind of time. We'd be programming overnight until 6 in the morning and then my day was spent sleeping before returning to the studio for another over night session. I had maybe an hour and a half, if I got up and went straight out the door.
So, to save time, I took a cab to Whole Foods. With tip, $15.oo Canadian. I bought the only salt crystal deodorant stick they had (different design) for $8.99 Canadian. In an effort to save money, and get in some exercise, I power walked back to the hotel, which took me 45 minutes.
So here it is
I think this one will last me a little longer since there is no screw shaft mechanism, it's just a salt crystal shoved in a screw base with a plastic screw top. Plus, I leave the top off every chance I get to make sure it stays dry and solid. Unlike my pits, which, on a work day, are damp, but odor free.
...

1 comment:
At least it is a decent exchange rate.
Post a Comment