Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

17 September, 2009

A Coin In Every Pocket.

I think my favorite coin in the world is the English Pound. It’s a thick, heavy coin. It makes a very unique kind of thud when dropped on the counter or bar, and it will stand on it’s edge without a problem.

I like the idea of getting rid of the dollar bill and replacing it with the dollar coin. That’s the way it is here in Canada, no dollar bills, only dollar coins. The coin is called the “loonie” because of the Loon pressed on it. They also have the “toonie”, which is a two dollar coin.

While I like the dollar and two dollar coins, there is a drawback; The jingling and the jangling when they are loose in you pocket. Normally not a big deal when you walk around, but I think the loonie and the toonie make a very specific sound that pan handlers around the city can hear and they insist on hitting you up for change. Can’t say, “No, I don’t have any.” Since I don’t have a coin wallet with me, I’ve been putting one coin in each of my pockets to cut down on the noise. I’ve also been experimenting with different coins in combination in each pocket to see what makes the least noise. I’ve determined that putting the loonie and the toonie together make the most noise.

Hopefully, in the next week or so, I can get rid of all these coins. I can’t exchange them. Maybe I’ll just send them to my brother, he too, likes coins.


...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Send them to me! I can use them! lol Also, I noticed we're on the same map up there (top right corner!), too bad I won't be able to make the treck. Enjoy TO!

Too bad the family isn't with you, the TO zoo is pretty decent.