Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

22 August, 2007

I'm on vacation?

Nicole does her best to remind me everyday that I'm on vacation. But this time out, it's been a little hard. Sure, I've been on summer vacation, but I've been sitting home and playing video games. Does that really count?

No, a real vacation is getting away from the rigamarole of your daily life, and getting out of your house and sleeping in foreign beds, eating foods often bad for you, and generally seeing things you don't see everyday. So I guess, by that logic, when I'm on tour, I'm really on vacation.

But here in Hawai'i. A real vacation didn't start until yesterday when Nicole and I hit Maui. While we were on O'ahu, it was constantly go go go. When Nicole landed on Friday, we didn't stop. We went to my dads to say hi, then went back to the hotel to sleep. We got up at stupid o'clock in the morning and went to the Wailana Coffee House (see previous blog). Then went shopping to find things I needed for my reunion (namely pants) and things we needed for the baby shower, which included a debate about wether or not we should be getting balloons.

Then the reunion (also, see previous blog), then sleep, then up at stupid o'clock again to set up the baby shower. Then the baby shower and an impromptu emcee gig. Followed closely by shopping for stuff for my dads computer and then reporting back to his house to install. Which was then followed by an quick meal at the worlds greatest chinese restaurant outside of China to celebrate my older brother's birthday. Followed by a return trip home to my dad's to continue work on the computer until 1 AM.

So needless to say, yesterday when we again got up at stupid o'clock to catch a flight to Maui, we were pretty well burnt out. The plane flight was a welcome 1/2 hour of relaxation.

When we landed in Maui, we had grand plans, which included going to a number of hotels and beaches to scout them out and dinner with friends.

We slept instead.

Now were on the Big Island. About to indulge in another fun 8 hours of sleep.

That's a true vacation.

No comments: