The debate we leave Calgary with is, how do you pronounce it? Everyone says "Cal-guh-ree". But we kept hearing the locals say, "Cal-gar-ree". Guess you have to go with what the locals say. Although they still cheered when Mike Relm (opening act) said, "How's it going 'Cal-guh-ree'!" Not that I expected someone to rush up on stage and correct him.
And speaking of opening acts, if you haven't seen or heard of Mike Relm, check out his website, or look him up on YouTube. He's a really great DJ who scratches video as well as music. Really gets the crowd up and jumping. Buy his album if you can, it's great workout or driving music.
...
We had a slumber party on our bus last night. At about 2:30AM I was awoken by our PM wanting me to move my stuff out of our junk bunk. The next blog will probably be about life on a bus, which will explain what a junk bunk is (although the name should give it away). So I grabbed my computer and shower bags and threw them in the back lounge. Why? Because the third crew bus, which carries the backline and video people broke down so we had to make room on the other two buses for the 9 folks. All said and done, we had 14 people strewn out on our bus for the 3 hour drive to Lethbridge (where?). I'm guessing the black water tank on the bus is full again.
So we're loading into the Enmax Centre in Lethbridge Alberta (where?) as we speak. It's a big enough city to support a minor league hockey team. The building operations manager told me this morning that they were sold out and had 700 standing room only tickets sold for the hockey game last night. Which is more tickets than we sold for this show. Not that the ticket sales for the show is bad, but these Canucks like themselves some hockey.
...
Tomorrow is the Autumnal Equinox, so be prepared. For what I don't know... But it's in our itinerary so I thought I'd spread the good news.
...
And finally, no blog is complete without pictures. These shots are brought to you by the artistic eye of Mrs. NFB (my wife).

It's always nice to know that while I'm out on tour, Nicole has a security detail keeping an eye out on the riff raff in the neighborhood. And when I say riff raff, I mean the worst kind... Squirrels, raccoons, skunks, coyotes, and the worst kind of riff raff, birds.
After a long night of being on watch, It's time for a bath. Unfortunately, this bath comes courtesy of the dogs tongue. But at least they get along now.

As for Ipo, she's just a little fraidy cat. If you dropped a feather on the ground, the sound would startle her and she'd bolt to the bedroom and hide under the bed until the "all clear" was sounded. So no new pictures of our pretty "heavenly sweetheart".


No comments:
Post a Comment