Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

20 September, 2007

See the nice gig? We're next door.

They say there are two seasons in Canada, winter and July. We got a taste of winter yesterday with a bit of snowfall in the morning. Not enough to stick, but enough to make the road wet and gritty. Good for a bike ride. Makes me look like I just rode Paris-Roubaix.
I did get in a ride yesterday. Turns out there's a nice bike trail following the river. Bow River Bike Path, I believe was the official name. Didn't change the fact that it was really cold. I like riding in the cold, but I didn't come very well prepared for it this time out. Should have brought the wind proof vest. I did invest yesterday in a pair of wind proof gloves. But they were a little small so I'm exchanging them tomorrow for a larger pair.That was my big day off. Except for drafting my fantasy hockey team, nothing much else happened.

...

As for today... Got up, went to the bus to head over to the venue for load in. Turns out the bus isn't there, the driver had to take off and dump the black water tank because there was a party on our bus last night. Thank god I was sleeping.

I was looking out the window from the back lounge watching the Calgary Saddledome rise on the horizon. The Saddledome is one of the good'ol buildings on the touring circuit. I personally have never played in there and was exited to be where the Calgary Flames team plays.

Turns out were not in there. See the nice gig? Where next door in the smaller arena where they hold the cow auctions.

Lots of flies in western Canada.

No comments: