Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

29 October, 2007

Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Cherry Hill is an interesting in place. Actually, all of New Jersey is an interesting place. They have a very strange way of laying out the roads around here. I could spend a long time comparing them to different parts of the world, (roundabouts and weird left hand turns). But I won't.

I went on a 20 mile ride today, below is a picture of my heart rate monitor and bicycle computer. I packed back on the 1600 calories I burned during dinner tonight.

It was a nice ride that started out along the river behind the hotel, then turned onto some roads that connected different planned housing communities together. LOTS of planned communities. Each one had a different name. "The Woods", "The Bluffs", "The Wooden Bluffs". It was unfortunate that there wasn't much to photograph on the ride. Sorry.

I will say this much, I'm glad I didn't have a car when I was in high school. I rode today past the Cherry Hill High School, just around the time when some of the students were leaving campus. I would love to say, "Kids now days!" But the truth is, I remember my friends doing the same thing leaving the student parking lot. These kids were laughing and burning out as the pulled out, music playing loud, smoking in the parking lot. That was probably the most dangerous part of the ride today, maneuvering around these silly kids.
That was my day. Tomorrow is the big one, shotguns and clay pigeons good times...

...

And finally, if Nicole and I ever had to move to Cherry Hill, New Jersey and live in a planned community... I think this is the one Nicole and I would like...









Then again, I would probably never want to move to Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

No comments: