But for everyone else, an hour and 15 minutes late, means pandemonium and mayhem. People were practically jumping off the bus before it even stopped rolling. Yelling at each other "Go! Go! Go!". It was like paratroopers on D-Day. Except the plane is a bus. And we aren't going to war. And there are no parachutes. But maybe there should have been...
Mel was quite angered by the people yelling at him to get the rig in the air. Sure, it went up later than usual... An hour and 15 minutes later than usual. Hmmmmm.... didn't we get here an hour and 15 minutes late? Which technically means the rig went up, on time.
Panic and yelling does not make the situation better. So we're late. The show will still happen tonight at 8PM.
Hartford, The Whale. The Whalers hockey team used to play in this building. Until they moved south and became the Carolina Hurricanes. Their banners of accomplishment still hang in the rafters here. Not much, only an Adams Division Championship 86-87 and some retired numbers. This team never had much glory.
As a matter of fact, the only thing I truly remember about the Whale, is Mike Liut. He was the goalie that I think led them to the the Adams Division banner... Then again, maybe not. That was a while ago, and I don't feel like surfing the net to find facts.
So I will leave you with this picture. The Hartford Wolf Pack minor league hockey team plays here now. The ice is down and the dashers are in. And what do you know... an advertisement right behind the goal:
I wonder if they take that down tomorrow......
P.S. Do only 4 people read my blog? Only got four votes on the poll located on the left. Well I guess that means all my friends are introverts like me and we don't bother to read.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment