Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

28 October, 2007

It's Roadie Friday! And other random thoughts.

For the rest of the world, it's Sunday. But for us, it's "Roadie Friday". Today is the last of another 5 in a row of shows. We go into a "Roadie long weekend", with three days off in Cherry Hill, NJ, starting tomorrow. I have big plans.

I'm going to ride my bike tomorrow. There are some great websites on the internet like bikely.com where people from all over post their bike ride routes. On another site, Mapmyride.com, I found someone had listed a ride basically from my hotel out 20+ miles. That's a distance I can handle. Hopefully, no hills.

On Tuesday, a couple of us are going on a little road trip to the oldest gun club in the U.S. to take a course in skeet shooting. Apparently, there's also a course included with our fee, sort of like golf. Except you walk around and shoot flying clay targets and not whack a golf ball. Should be interesting. I'll have pictures and a blog on that day for sure.

And finally, the "Roadie long weekend" will end with another bike ride for me. Don't know where I'm going yet. but there's gotta be a nice ride somewhere.

...

I know I've talked about this before. Well at least with Nicole. But I always wonder how people get to where they are. Who decides to live in Albany? What is the industry of LaCrosse, Wisconsin? It all came to a head a few years back. We were on a submarine ride. Which is to say, a really long bus ride. Some where in the neighborhood of 14 hours. We were heading south, somewhere in the middle of the country. I was sitting in the jump seat, which is the seat next to the driver, watch the world pass by. When something struck me as very odd. On the right, just after an off ramp that had a McDonalds and a gas station, what a three story apartment building. And then nothing else in site. Perhaps down the road out of site (although it was pretty flat) was a small town. But who would choose to live an that particular apartment complex?

...

I have no butt. Everyday, I try to hook my brick (aka walkie talkie) to the back of my belt, which pulls my pants down. Why? Because I have no butt to hold my pants up. Thank goodness for Duluth Trading company and their long tail T shirts.

...

We're back in Albany today. This is the building where I started the Blue Man Group tour over a year ago. Here is where I flew after my wedding in Hawai'i. Here is where Josh tried to steal my bunk. Here is where I lost my first week of per diem. It was in an envelope on my lighting console. I'd better keep an eye on my computer and camera and my per diem... It's "Roadie Friday" AND per diem day!

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan - what venue are you working in Albany. I used to be the yolk of the Egg. (ME/LD).

Sandy