The most important news of the day... I'm now an uncle! And now Nicole is an aunt!! At 9:35PM Hawai'i time, my brother Matthew and his wife brought into this world their first child. A boy, 6 lbs, 3 oz, 19.5 inches. I am very happy for them and can't wait to meet the new young one.
I went for a short bike ride this afternoon. I spent most of the day with Wayne (we now pronounce it "Wahn yea", like "Kanye") who was on the hunt for new shoes. So it became too late in the afternoon to put in a good long ride, not to mention my shoulder is still a little sore from yesterday's sporting clays adventure. So I thought I'd ride the first half of the ride I did on Monday. There was a loop at about 5 mile mark, so I could get in 10 miles without too much traffic to fight. The beginning of the ride goes along a river and I have to ride along a bike path/running trail that is off the regular road.
Then, something like this happened...
Alright, so I'm not as fit as these guys. Nor did I hit a dog and fall down. Okay, maybe it was nothing like the above video, but it was brought to mind while I was on the bike/running trail.
I wasn't going terribly fast, and it was the late afternoon sun coming through the trees causing a bit of a strobing effect on my sunglasses, when out of the blue, a squirrel decides it would be better to be on the other side of the bike trail and bounds across right in front of me. I practically lock up my brakes and swerve missing the squirrel by inches. And then it happened two more times! What is with the squirrels?
Eh Brah, where you stay?
Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map
...
View My house in a larger map
31 October, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A Halloween baby! How fun! Congrats to your brother and family :)
Post a Comment