Because that's what it really is. When I say "touring", I think of being gone for long periods of time, 6 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, with little or no time off. Blue Man Group was usually 3 months non-stop.
No, I'm extended gigging. In two weeks, I'm gone for two weeks, but then I'm home for a month, then I'm gone 6 weeks, but I'll see my wife and son in the middle of that, so it won't be too bad.
I wouldn't have taken this extended gig if there was more local work. I get enough gigs every month to pay the bills, but nothing beyond that. It's been tight, but it's also been nice to see my son everyday.
I'll still take work between extended gigs. I don't want to loose any ground gained with the local work. And frankly, if an extended gig of local work shows up (think weekly TV show), I'm on that like white on rice.
So for now, I'm going back out for a while. I've got dates into the new year, broken up nicely with lots of time off.
The gig? Beastie Boys. See some of you out there.
...

1 comment:
The main question is, of course, will you be blogging?
Post a Comment