Opala.
I did an internet search for that word. The reason will be explained later.
The first hit is the one that made the most sense to me. Being from Hawai'i, Opala has always meant "garbage". So why not have the domain name: opala.org?
Since "Don't Mess With Texas" is taken, we get "Don't dump on Hawai'i. Sort it out."This also means that any result on the internet search after this will result in snicker, because now everything is just "garbage".
Second on the hit list was the Chevrolet Opala (*snicker*).
Guess this car was only sold in Brazil and never in America. And especially not in Hawai'i. The only Opala vehicles in Hawai'i pick up the Opala.Third is Opala, a Stratovolcano located in southern Russia (*chortle*). Can you imagine an Opala volcano spouting Opala?
The fourth hit was a site under construction for some Australian Shepard dog. I couldn't figure out if the dog's name was "Opala" or the breeders were "Opala". Either way, they probably won't sell many dogs in Hawai'i. Even with the relaxed quarantine rules for animals.
Which brings me to why I did the internet search to begin with. A couple of weeks ago, Whole Foods was running a sale/pushing an item, that I just had to buy.
Whole Foods was advertising it as a "dry crisp white", so for 6 bucks, why not. Here's what we discovered. The bouquet of the wine is very lightly floral (which begs the question, was it because of white wine, the "smell" of the wine is referred to as the "bouquet" since most whites smell floral?). The first tastes of this clear white wine were just that, clear. There was no initial taste. It was like drinking water. After the wine rolled back there was finally some semblance of sweetness.
That's about it. I don't know what else to say. I'm no sommelier. I did like the wine. Although I don't know that I'd purchase it again.
It is, after all, "Opala" wine.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment