They always make fun of football fans after the Superbowl, and to a lesser extent the Pro Bowl, are finished. People walking around aimlessly, wondering what to do with themselves until the start of the football season in the fall. Blank stares.
My Superbowl was the Tour de France. It's over. My man Contador won this year, despite the in-fighting on his team. Now I'm wondering what to do with myself until next July. Blank stares.
So to combat this, I decided to do a camera dump and get all the pictures off my... cell phone. Yep. pulled all the pictures that's I've taken over the last, 4 years maybe? Here's the highlights. I don't think the pictures are in any particular order, that's just how they showed up in the file.
Here is Ipolani and our heater dish. The funny thing is, on the box that the heater came in, there's pretty much a picture exactly like this.
I'll stick with the cold theme for now. Here's a shot outside our hotel in... Texas. Yep. Snow in Texas. It was snowing so hard that we had a hell of a time getting to the hotel. Granted, this is Northern Texas, in the pan handle. So maybe it snows there all the time. I don't know. All I know is, it's cold.
This I found humorous. At a WalMart on the border of Oregon and Washington state, we stopped to pick up some shotgun shells for our Sporting Clays outing. And what did I find stacked next to the Remington 12 gauge sporting loads?
Ah, first class. I don't know why I took this picture. It's either to illustrate the drink you get while boarding is happening, or the fact that the armrests are so wide, you can rest your drink on it.
This picture is for my Mother-in-Law. I hope she finds it funny.
This was quite a hard photo to take considering I'm driving my truck while I'm taking it. I don't remember where I was going, but I know it was in Los Angeles. There is a lot of crap on the freeways in Los Angeles. Plastic bags and lots of other road debris are always being kicked up and floating around while you whizz by at 70 miles per hour. Amazingly, the tip, and I mean tip of my antenna caught this piece of plastic wrap as it floated towards my car. How often will you see something that amazing happen?
Here's Kolohe finding a comfortable spot to lie down.
This is Nani Cat. I named her as such, because, well, I don't know why. She was a feral cat at the venue in Istanbul, Turkey where Shakira played. She was, as you can see, very friendly. I felt bad for her because she'd go up to some people who I guess didn't like cats, and they'd swat at her or chase her away. She just wanted to be pet.
Also in Turkey. I guess they have square butts.
At the airport in Nice, France, they have an area with a bicycle repair stand that you can build your bike when you land. How cool is that?
A while ago, I was told that my cholesterol "elevated" it wasn't out of the normal range, and I didn't have high cholesterol, but the doctor told me I should watch what I eat. So for a while on tour, I tried to be good, and this was my typical breakfast. It sucked. THIS is what breakfast should look like.
Loco Moco at the Kuhio grill in Hilo.
On my first outing to try Sporting Clays at the Sandanona club in upstate New York, we stopped at the Orange County Choppers store to look at the goods. Here's the custom ride they built for Lance Armstrong.
Me at my 20th high school reunion trying to get liquored up on gin and tonics. Too bad it was a cash bar and I didn't bring much cash.
Here's my brother Matt at his bachelor party dinner at the Moroccan restaurant in Kailua. We hired the belly dancer. And she got him up to dance. And let me tell you that boy can shake his hips. They certainly don't lie.
And finally, the catheter they put in my arm the first time I tried to get a CT Scan. It was never used. Installed, but never used. Removed 2 hours later....

1 comment:
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, i want to visit turkey. i even know the hotel i want the famz to stay at; hotel poem.
Post a Comment